Countryman's Inn - Wine List
1) Volandas Sauvignon Blanc – Chile £10.95
Alight coloured wine with a generous gooseberry nose. It has bright fresh flavours of cirus, apple and peaches and a clean, balanced finish
2) Kleindal Bouquet Blanc – South Africa £10.95
A light, fruity and refreshing medium white wine, made from a blend of various aromatic grape varieties.
3) San Giorgio Pinot Grigio – Italy £11.75
Single grape variety from N.E. Italy. Light, dry, easy to drink with nuances of stone fruit and a hint of almonds.
4) Weighbridge Chardonnay – Australia £12.95
This wine is sourced from premium South Australian vineyards and has vibrant Chardonnay flavours of peach and citrus in a well-rounded easy drinking style.
5) Muscadet Sur Lie Levraudiere – France £12.50
Pale yellow colour with a green tinge. Wonderful nose with matured sweet apricots and peach fruits. A delicate fresh and lively wine.
6) Brown Brothers Everton White – Australia £13.95
It is a light straw colour with lifted aromas of pear and stone fruits. The palate has flavours of stone and tropical fruits and is juicy with a refreshingly crisp finish.
7) Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc – New Zealand £14.95
Zesty and aromatic with lots of lively, penetrating fruit characters. A concentration of assertive passionfruit and tropical fruit flavours with an abundant bouquet, it is a wine that is always crisp, elegant and refreshing.
8) Chablis Moreau AC – France £16.95
Famous white wine of Burgundy, full flavoured golden green, subtle and elegant.
9) Toasted Head Viognier – California £17.95
The wine opens with fragrant peach, honeysuckle and mango aromas. Rich and creamy on the palate, the wine has flavours of apricot and tropical fruit, with hints of honey and spice.
10) Coto Mayor Rosado Rioja – Spain £12.95
Strawberry and raspberry flavours and a powerful aroma. Full, refreshing, tasty fruit flavours with subtle nuances.
20) Brown Brothers Orange Muscat & Flora (34.5cl) £11.95
Orange Muscat is the flavour powerhouse bringing aromas of orange blossom to the nose and a fresh citrus zest to the palate. While Flora, with it’s nuances of ripe apricot, contributes colour, texture and mouth-feel to the palate.
11) Volandas Merlot – Chile £10.95
Brilliant ruby red in colour with cherry aromas. The palate is soft, elegant and rounded with full body and a long finish.
12) Volandas Cabernet Suavignon – Chile £10.95
A bright garnet coloured wine with a generous nose, with hints of chocolate, plums and vanilla. The flavour is soft and harmonious with medium body and a good finish.
13) Casa Solera Bonarda/Malbec – Argentina £11.50
Ripe, juicy red with blackberry and plum flavours. Soft and rounded with a hint of spice and a robust, fruit-filled finish. Uncomplicated drinking and great value.
14) Lomas Carrera Carmenere – Chile £11.95
Dark purple plum colour with a ripe and concentrated blackberry fruit aroma, gives a huge, delicious, mouth fillinf, juicy, dry red wine.
15) Chateau La Courbade – Rhone, France £12.50
Inky black and full of fruit and flavour – down the road from Chateauneuf du Pape with similar grape varieties, excellent value!
16) Weighbridge Shiraz – Australia £12.95
Weighbridge Shiraz is everything you want from a good Aussie Shiraz. Rich, flavoursome and satisfying in that famous Peter Lehmann easy drinking style
17) Vega del rayo Seleccionado Rioja – Spain £13.95
A delicious modern Rioja with a depp colour and ripe plum and cherry fruit aromas. Richly flavoured with bags of fruit and a smoky, spicy dimension from six months in oak. Brilliant quality, a real crowd pleaser.
18) Clos Mont Blanc Pinot Noir – Spain £14.95
Very lively cherry colour, bright and clean with deep aromas
19) Wildekrans Pinotage – South Africa £16.95
Full bodied red wine from one of the hottest new world wine cellars
21) Chevalier Rose Brut – France £13.95
Lovely salmon pink rose. Delicate bubbles. Intense red fruit aromas. Fresh, elegant and balanced mouth with true length.
22) Jules Feraud Champagne Brut – France £23.95
Crystal clear, pale gold in colour. The wine tastes fruity and is full bodied with a long rich finish. A tremendous good value white champagne.
23) Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin Brut – France £35.95
Say no more!